Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Grapes Should Only Be Sweet

My heart is full of gratitude. Gratitude for my family, my friends, and for my Savior. My best friend/older sister is getting married this week and it is with much emotion (too many to express them all) that I will give her to her new best friend. With pure excitement and anticipation, the house is slowly filling with family members (old and new) and lots of joy and even more noise! I am so blessed to be here for this beautiful occasion. I am even more blessed to know that Meredith is marrying the most amazing man. I could not have picked someone better for her myself. The Lord knows what He is doing, I'm telling you! And they look great together!

It was wonderful to spend the day together with the bridesmaids! Memories of "girls nights" and high school (and college) get-togethers filled the day with smiles. I could not help but feel that change was in the air. Mer getting married first, and I am sure we will all follow suit in our own time. Just as surely as we all hung up our "VL" club sweaters, each of us will move on in life to marriage or missions (or both!) as we make our way as confident women. I love these ladies and am so glad for the time that we have together as friends!

Life is not always peaches and cream--in fact, it is usually the exact opposite. But even through the all of the craziness and the trials and hash that goes on around me, I cannot deny that I am extremely blessed. I am blessed by the righteous example of my beautiful sister. I am blessed to have a loving and supportive family. I am blessed to have amazing parents here on earth. I am more blessed than anything in the world to have Heavenly Parents who know and love me more than I can ever know. I am blessed that They sent their son just for ME. I know that no matter what Jesus Christ loves me. I am so glad that he knows me and knows what I need and when I need it. I have no doubt that my prayers are heard and answered. This does not mean that I am not given trials (believe me, I am) but that I am given trials to become stronger, to learn myself and my limits. He is shaping me to become the woman I need to be to best serve Him.

So in all of the madness of life, I can be nothing if I do not have gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment