Tuesday, January 7, 2014

12.30.13

This week has been nice and pretty relaxing. Christmas Eve and Christmas day were spent mostly with the Packers and with Rex and his girlfriend Susann. We had several delicious turkey dinners (never eating turkey again) and LOTS of desserts. We spent Christmas Eve evening with a family named the Kites and had lots of fun and read Christmas stories and opened Jammies. It was fun that they have that tradition too and they were super nice to get us some too! Sister Breen and I read Luke 2 before going to bed by the light of her glowing pillow pet. It was very nice. Christmas day was the best skyping with everyone! We also took a nap and cleaned our apartment. I am beginning to understand Dad's need to clean on holidays... It was great to just have some time where we didn't need to be anywhere or do anything. That was a great Christmas gift! The best gift of all was being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior as his dedicated servant. It really helped me to see the holiday and the season in a whole new light. I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the birth, life, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Anyways, the rest of the week we spent contacting, teaching, and eating leftovers. We started teaching a girl named Ali who was introduced to the gospel through several (male) friends at the gym. Yes, Ali is very cute. Yes the theory of 'flirt to convert' apparently has worked in this situation because Ali came to us this week and asked to be baptized as soon as possible. She has already begun reading the Book of Mormon, prayed about it, and told her family she is Mormon! She is really excited about the gospel. Don't worry, we are not letting these 'gym friends' creep on her too much ;). We are really excited to keep teaching her and are planning her baptism for Jan. 18th. We also found a new investigator named Jim. He is like extra super old and is from Long Beach! I was excited that he knew where Los Al is and he thought it was pretty neat that I am a California girl. He smokes A LOT and chews tobacco, but many have overcome these addictions in the past. I am really excited to be teaching another old guy. I guess it is my M.O.... The work is going well and I am excited to get 2014 off to a good start. I cannot believe I have been serving almost 10 months. I love this work! 

Before I close, I would like to ask each of you to keep the Alder and Thomas families in your prayers. Saturday night Their sons were killed in a head-on collision heading back from the temple. They were both recently returned missionaries who were home for the holidays. These families as well as the entire town of Weiser are mourning their loss. It is a blessing and a comfort to the family to know that their sons are on to their next mission. Prayers would be much appreciated. 

I love you all and pray always for you. 

Love,


Sister Madison Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment