Monday, January 27, 2014

Well, I guess I am wearing pants today...

How do you start a post telling everyone that you are no longer a full time missionary? I guess just like that. It has not really been public information until recently that for the last several months of my mission I have been struggling with severe health issues. I will spare you all the ugly details, but it was determined by my doctor and my mission president that I would need to return home for a period of time on medical leave. I am home and I am ok with it. I know that I need to get healthy so that I can continue serving the Lord. Coming home was the most difficult thing that I have ever been asked to do but I know that it will effect the rest of my life in the best way. I know that I will receive the care that I need and that I will be able to make a complete recovery. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves me and that He is with me every step of the way. This is not easy and I know that it will continue to be difficult but I am surrounded by love and support. I know that God has a plan for me and I know that this is part of it. I love each of you and am grateful for the love and prayers that I can feel on a daily basis. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I will periodically update you all here on the progress of my health. I don't know how long this will take or if I will be able to return but I know that with faith all things are possible. 

Love,

(Sister) Madison Baker

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. We'll continue to pray for you. I hope you enjoy your time with your loved ones. God has a reason for everything. We love you and miss you!! Jenn, Steve, Jordan and Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having health issues, sweetie. I know what that's like, though of course we're going through different trials. Can you post or send me your home address if you don't mind? Themorganclan @ gmail . com. Get some rest. You'll continue to be in our prayers.

    Love,
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete