Monday, April 22, 2013

4.22.13

Helloooooooooo!!!

Glad to hear that everything is going well at home! Everything here is great as well. Still allergic to cats, but I prayed that fewer people would have cats that we visited this week and it has been working out pretty well. lol Guess God answers even silly prayers :). 
We are teaching a lot of people and always have a lot of lessons and visits, but we only have one progressing investigator currently (please pray that more of our investigators will begin to progress). Her name is Viola, she is in her 50s and suffers from R.A. really badly. She was married to an LDS man when she was young for several years but it ended badly and she has not had anything to do with the church since. She lives around the corner from grandma and the last missionaries in the area found her. She is reading the Book of Mormon and sometimes we just read along with her. She says that the BoM answers all of the questions she has had about the Bible her whole life. She believes that it is true and thinks that she will be baptized eventually but does not want to be pressured. I know that she will be ready soon though! I love this work! 
I have started reading in the Old Testament as well as starting the Book of Mormon over for my personal study, there is so much that we can learn from the scriptures that I never realized before!! I feel like in my life I have always had times where I just need to be quiet and listen and learn and I have times where I can be bold and outspoken. I feel that right now is a time in my mission and in my life to be quiet and to learn all that I can so that I when the time for me to be bold comes I will be ready. I love teaching but most of the time I feel that I learn more form the people and lessons than they do. I guess that is just a side effect of missionary work. 
You asked about my days, so on a regular day we wake up and run and study and get ready and then go out to work. We usually have a dinner with members around 5 or 6 and then we work some more until 9 and then go home and plan for the next day and go to bed. It is pretty structured but changes every day because we are always somewhere different. We only sleep somewhere else when we are in Vale (usually only 1 or 2 nights out of the week) and we stay with a family there. They are the Romans's and they have 5 little kids and a baby  on the way. The remind me so much of our family when everyone was little and cute and crazy! We will be staying with them tonight. On p-day, we do normal studies and stuff in the morning and then we clean our apartment, get ready and drive to Ontario, OR to shop and email and play B-ball with the elders in our zone. It is pretty fun and relaxing.  I love you and send my love to everyone else too!

Your Sister, 

Madison Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment